For the second time in this school year Rice celebrates alumna Maria Hummel ’90, whose novel Motherland went on sale with the start of the new year. Motherland is based on stories and letters from the family of the author’s father, Manfred K. Hummel, who served Rice for decades as a teacher and Chair of the English Department. The novel offers a unique and sensitive portayal of an ordinary German family – “Mitlaufer” – as they struggled to cope with the challenges and consequences of life under Nazism. Last fall, Maria won acclaim for her first book of poems, House and Fire. Congratulations, Maria!
- Stunt Nite 2014 Parent/Volunteer Informational Meeting at Rice
- Announcement for Sophomore Class – Stunt Nite 2014
- REMINDER: Freshman and Transfer Student Orientations on Tuesday
- Junior Stunt Nite Script Writing Meeting CHANGE
- Freshman Class Stunt Nite Announcements
- Rice Junior Class – Stunt Nite Notice